11.06.2012

secret garden.



“The Secret Garden was what Mary called it when she was thinking of it. She liked the name, and she liked still more the feeling that when its beautiful old walls shut her in no one knew where she was. It seemed almost like being shut out of the world in some fairy place. The few books she had read and liked had been fairy-story books, and she had read of secret gardens in some of the stories. Sometimes people went to sleep in them for a hundred years, which she had thought must be rather stupid. She had no intention of going to sleep, and, in fact, she was becoming wider awake every day which passed at Misselthwaite.” 
-Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden

As a child, one of my favorite books was the The Secret Garden. A young girl who got to roam free over Yorkshire's wild moor, playing with boys and tending her own secret hideaway, making friends in the process.....I wished nothing more than to disappear into the pages of the novel. 

Imagine my delight then, when I found my own secret garden, a mere 25 minute walk from my dorm <3

Thanks to Jessica Cai and Nomali for following!

Playlist: Lungs//Florence and the Machine

3 comments:

  1. Secret Garden was one of my favourites, too! That and A Great and Terrible Beauty, which had a secret garden of sorts in it as well. ;) Are these photos of the place you found? It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading The Secret Garden when I was younger. :) Gorgeous photos!

    xo,
    Sabrina
    http://www.rougespark.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the secret garden, I used to watch the film over and over and over when I was younger <3 xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be sure to return the favor xx